New Forest Classic Cars has been established for 6 years and is moving from strength to strength in the Classic Car market. Our restoration team are specialists in the iconic 1960’s Jaguar E-Type Series 1 as well as having many years of experience in other makes and models of both cars and motorcycles. In order to grow the business and to enable us to offer our services to the overall Classic Car market, we are looking to expand our production team.
We are looking to recruit a Vehicle Trimmer/Upholsterer to join our busy workshop team at New Forest Classic Cars.
- To manufacture and maintain high quality vehicle interiors
- To prepare, trim and install
- Adopt quality control and manufacturing inspection processes
- Ensure that all stock and consumables used are recorded and advised to the stock controller
- Update and maintain records of technical specification
- Liaise with the department Team Leader to establish planning so that deadlines can be met
- Ensure the highest presentation standards of car, equipment and workshop are maintained at all times
- Ensure that you and your team are fully aware and comply with Health & Safety rules and regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a similar role within the automotive, marine or aviation industry
- Good technical knowledge of trim best practices, trim retention methods, seat padding techniques
- Good knowledge of leather, leather cloth, carpets and Hardura
- Template & panel manufacture
- Cutting to templates
- The ability to use sew machines - stitch types: single stitch, double stitch and top stitching
- Mechanical skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to demonstrate a high standard of attention to detail
- A keen interest in Classic Cars, cars and/or motor sport
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who is...
- Looking to gain experience and progress with an exciting growing company
This is a full-time position with some overtime.
All positions are subject to standard trial periods. Competitive rates of pay dependent on previous experience.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 18th March 2016