In order that we may provide a safe and secure user experience New Forest Classic Cars (the Company) is committed to protecting the privacy of candidates, clients, suppliers, staff and users of our website. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website, email or any other medium is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
Collection and use of personal data
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with information relating to our products and services we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
The information we collect
The company may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client supplier;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to advise you of news and industry updates, direct-market products and services, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- by the company to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally.
- if the company or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- our website may also use a website recording service such as Google analytics which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, it is not shared with anybody else.
Information about online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify products and services which may be of interest to you.
New Forest Classic Cars will retain your personal information for the period necessary to enable us to provide any products and services we have been contracted to do so, and to fulfil the purposes outlined in our terms and conditions, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the data protection officer at the company on email: email@example.com
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website - where data privacy practices may be different to that of the company. Visitors should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Our database and associated software includes social media features, such as LinkedIn. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our database. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service if it is complex and time consuming to collate the data. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact our compliance manager on firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to ask the company to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to seven years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Our software service providers employ reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information they process. These safeguards help protect against unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and provide for the appropriate use of personal information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent (100%) secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security. In the unlikely event of a data breach it will be reported in line with GDPR regulations based on the sensitivity of the data that has been compromised or stolen.
Your right to complain
We do our utmost to protect personal data and use information provided to us in good faith to conduct our business as described in this document and in line with the GDPR and ICO guidelines. If you are not satisfied with our handling of your personal data and have already raised this with us, please raise your concern with the ICO here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling them on 0303 123 1113.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about the company’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call our local office to speak to one of our representatives.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
The Data Protection Officer
New Forest Classic Cars Ltd, Beaulieu Garage, Palace Lane, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7YE